Sunday 25 November 2018

Final Post!!

So! It's been a while since I've updated this blog and I wouldn't mind finally putting it to bed. I've attended a few track days this year and had a blast on the old girl. 



On the first track day of this year the bike had a teething issue with cooling despite my best efforts at keeping the system clean and fresh. This was thankfully an easy fix by replacing it with a new 'chinese' radiator which was sub $100, and the bike never ran over 90 degrees on any track days afterwards.  Apart from this first hiccup the bike performed above my standards every time I took it out, the only improvements that I could have made from there was to buy a softer compound tyre like RS11's etc, and an aftermarket rear shock. Here are a few pictures from the last track day I attended, following some gopro footage of a lap.






As much as I would have liked to keep this MC22 forever, I've given it up. It's taught me a lot about motorcycles, from the very basics like learning to ride and work on them mechanically, to shaping an appreciation for lower capacity and older generation bikes. Unfortunately I have sold the bike on as of October 2018 but I will hopefully be moving onto bigger and better things with bike life soon!

Cheers for reading, and thanks to those who lent a hand during the build!

No comments:

Post a Comment